While every season is coffee season, there’s something in the autumn air that makes that morning cup (or afternoon boost) that much better. As the temperatures slowly start to cool off, take advantage of these seven awesome local coffee shops in Albuquerque and Corrales. Fresh and handcrafted, Starbucks has nothing on these shops. Check them out for yourself and, if you’re wanting to get out of your coffee rut, try one of our favorite drinks from each spot!
Here’s a list of our favorite local coffee shops:
1. Michael Thomas. A staple in the local coffee scene here in Albuquerque, Michael Thomas has been serving up some of the best coffee in town since 2004. What started as a small coffee shop in the SE Heights, the locally owned business has expanded to two more locations, one in Nob Hill and one in the NE Heights in the new Tin Can Alley. While every drink on their menu is a hit, you can really taste the difference in their incredible lattes. (We can’t get enough of a little bit of honey in ours.)
2. Humble Coffee Company. With two locations in Albuquerque, Humble is a popular place for great coffee and fresh pastries. Offering both indoor and outdoor seating, you can slow down and enjoy your cup of coffee if time allows. Try your favorite drink here with one of their house-crafted syrups.
3. Little Bear Coffee Company. Known for its hip aesthetics, Little Bear Coffee is quickly becoming the place to go for specialty coffee in Albuquerque. Their mission, to “Love People and Use Coffee”, is evident when you stop into their shop, as the vibe is definitely chill. If you’ve never had one before, try a signature LB Latte the next time you stop in.
4. Satellite Coffee. With locations all around Albuquerque and a drive-thru on Montgomery, it’s easy to replace your Starbucks run with Satellite. And, once you taste their coffee, you’ll realize why you should. A sister company to Flying Star, Satellite offers some great signature drinks, including the fall-favorite, Pumpkin Spice Chai, and the classic Cafe Con Leche. And, if you’re looking for a non-coffee drink that still delivers on the warm and cozy, the best London Fog you’ll find in town.
5. Piñon Coffee House. The taste of a cup of piñon coffee in the fall is something a lot of native New Mexicans live for. With three locations around town, and two drive-thrus, you definitely need to stop by the next time you’re in search for a great cup of joe. And, if you want a new drink to try, we recommend the Honey Lavender Latte or a black cup of Dark Piñon — both are delicious.
6. The Farm Shop at Los Poblanos. The Farm Shop at Los Poblanos on Rio Grande has a great little cafe where, among so many treasures, you can find the world’s best Lavender Latte. Being a world-class lavender farm, you can only imagine how good this is.
7. Candlestick Coffee Roasters. Relatively new on the Albuquerque coffee scene, Candlestick Coffee Roasters is located in the heart of Corrales. Small batch coffee served in a small but quaint setting, Candlestick has a lot going for it — including the super knowledgeable and friendly owner, Zach. If you’re looking for fresh beans to take home and prepare yourself, then Candlestick is definitely the place to go. And, if you just want a stellar cup of amazing coffee, ask for a Pour Over or AeroPress with one of their artisan beans.
About Sandia Green Clean
Sandia Green Clean is filling a need in the Albuquerque New Mexico market by providing eco friendly home cleaning services and now business offices, paying employees a living wage and bonus system, partnered with UNMH to deliver free cleans to cancer patients, and overall serving the local community. Learn more about Sandia Green Clean at https://sandiagreenclean.com