With warmer weather officially (and thankfully) tempting us to get outside and see the hints of spring for ourselves, we’ve been looking around our homes for ways to make the indoors feel a little more spring-like, too. Yes, there are plenty of things we can buy to achieve this — from pillows to pastel colored banners, but one of our favorite ways is even more simple: essential oils.
Not only are essential oils actually good to diffuse in your home, but they really do change how your home feels. Put some lemon essential oil in a diffuser and see for yourself!
Curious about using essential oils or looking for a new favorite?
Here are the five essential oils we’re diffusing in our homes right now…
- Lemon. Sweet and almost instantly cheerful, diffusing lemon essential oil in your home is definitely a simple way to embrace the spring season. Lemon oil is known for creating a calming effect and for boosting your mood.
- Tangerine. Sweet like lemon, tangerine essential oil is great for creating a happy environment in your green and clean home. It’s also said to improve your mindset, offering feelings of contentment and gratitude.
- Grapefruit. Another citrusy scent for spring, grapefruit essential oil can help everyone in your home focus, which is great for afternoons filled with homework or busy mornings. Because of this increased focus, diffusing grapefruit in your home is also a great way to relieve stress!
- Vetiver + Lemon. This combination of essential oils is often referred to as the “raindrops” blend because it produces a wonderful smell reminiscent of those around-the-corner April showers.
- Lavender + Eucalyptus. Ideal for relaxation and calming, the blend of lavender and eucalyptus essential oils is perfect for afternoons and evenings at home. And because lavender is one of the best ways to deodorize a room, it’s the perfect way to refresh your clean home quickly.
Do you use a diffuser at home as part of your spring cleaning Albuquerque? What are your favorite essential oils or blends to use in the spring? We at Sandia Green Clean would love to know! Comment below and share your essential oil secrets!