For a company whose motto is to #claimyourweekend, you can bet you’ll find us enjoying our own weekends in Albuquerque as much as possible. At Sandia Green Clean, we’re big believers in helping you make the most of your time, which is why we’re committed to helping families across town care for their homes during the week. That way, when the weekend does roll around, you have plenty of time to enjoy it – whether you’re choosing to get out and explore the city or just kick back at home and watch a football game.
One of our favorite ways to enjoy our weekends is getting out with our families to some of Albuquerque’s best brunch spots – especially if we just enjoyed a nice hike in the foothills or a bike ride through the Bosque.
While there’s definitely no shortage of great food in Albuquerque, here are five of our favorite brunch spots in the 505 right now.
- The Farmacy. Located on Central, The Farmacy is known for its hip yet casual atmosphere and, of course, its incredible food. From to-die-for breakfast burritos and organic soups made with seasonal ingredients, this local hot spot also serves beer and wine, making it the perfect place to get together with friends on a Saturday morning. And, thanks to the affordable (and tempting) kids menu, it’s easy to enjoy a meal with the whole family.
- Tia B’s La Waffleria. A popular breakfast and brunch spot in Nob Hill for several years, Tia B’s is still one of our favorite go-to’s, especially when going out with kids. Serving up an incredibly unique menu of sweet and savory waffles, there’s always something new to try. Of course, when you do find your favorite, it’s even more difficult to not be tempted. (For us, it’s the Blue Lavender waffles that keep us coming back weekend after weekend.)
- La Quiche Parisienne Bistro. A surprisingly beautiful interior for a strip mall restaurant, La Quiche has some of the most delectable French goodies in all of Albuquerque. While quiche is your obvious brunch choice, there’s also an incredible selection of pastries (think chocolate croissants, apple turnovers and brioche) from the bakery that make for a quick brunch when you’re on-the-go.
- Cinnamon Sugar & Spice Cafe. With its new location in Nob Hill (right where the Scalos used to be) and its perennially popular NE Heights spot, Cinnamon Cafe offers a great community-oriented atmosphere to enjoy a fantastic selection of traditional brunch options (think french toast, eggs, and waffles) and New Mexican classics (Huevos Rancheros and seriously smothered burritos). While you’re there, sign up for a cooking class to bring the goodness home with you!
- Java Joe’s. Located downtown not far from the Bio Park and Old Town, Java Joe’s is our go-to place when you’re looking for excellent no-fuss coffee and spicy breakfast burritos. Always engaged with the community, Java Joe’s features rotating art from local artists and live music on a regular basis.
What’s your go-to brunch spot in Albuquerque? Share with us in the comments below!