Keeping your home clean and tidy is a daily task, whether you live by yourself or with a large family. Oftentimes it feels like as soon as you finish one task, another two need your attention (especially if your home is filled with kids). Luckily, there are some smart cleaning tricks you can do that will help keep your home looking its best each and every day.
The biggest trick? Kicking your bad cleaning habits out the door and replacing them with better (cleaner) ones!
Ready to get started?
Here are the top eight bad cleaning habits that you need to get rid of this year…
1. Piles of paper clutter. Yes, you get mail (and magazines and newsletters and notices from your kids’ school…) But that doesn’t mean you need to keep it all, especially when where you keep it is on the table or counter. Instead of letting piles of paper accumulate all over your house, tackle them instantly, sorting them into piles based on if you need to keep them as a reminder or if they actually need your attention.
2. Dirty cleaning tools. One of the worst things you can do when it’s time to clean your house is to clean it with dirty tools. Just like you should regularly clean your makeup tools, you also need to clean your cleaning tools. If you don’t, you’re just spreading soil and bacteria around your house.
3. Single disinfectant wipes. Disinfectant wipes can seem like the best solution for cleaning dirty surfaces, especially in your bathroom and kitchen. However, using just one won’t do the trick. Not only is there not enough disinfectant on one wipe to clean an entire room’s worth of surfaces, but using the same wipe from one surface to the next (like the sink to the top of the toilet) just spreads things around.
4. Shoes in the house. Wearing the shoes you wear outside inside your house is one of the worst cleaning habits American families have. In many other countries, you would never wear your outdoor shoes inside! The more you get yourself and your family members in the habit of taking off outdoor shoes as soon as you get home, the cleaner your home will be in terms of dirt and germs.
5. Dirty dishes in the sink. Dishes have a way of piling up quickly, especially when you have a large family. But letting them sit in your sink only makes matters worse. (So much bacteria can grow on those dishes in a short amount of time!) Get in the habit of cleaning dishes as soon as they hit your sink so that large piles don’t accumulate. (And, better yet, teach your kids to rinse of their own dishes and put them in the dishwasher, too.)
6. Neglected food in the fridge. Not only does old food in the refrigerator look unappetizing, but it also stinks. To avoid mold and bacteria growing in your fridge, tend to the food inside every single day. The more organized your refrigerator is, the more you’ll know what’s what (and when certain items need to get tossed!)
7. Saving the dusting for last. One of the most unproductive things you can do when it comes to cleaning your home is saving the dusting for last. Why? Because when you dust, it flies everywhere, which means you’ll need to clean your surfaces and your floors all over again. Take some advice from cleaning professionals and always do your dusting
8. Unmade beds. Lots of studies show that successful people always make their beds in the morning. Why? Because it’s an easy “win” that will help propel your day forward on a positive note. Not to mention, rooms with made beds look a whole lot nicer, too.
About Sandia Green Clean
Sandia Green Clean stands out from the rest with our all-natural green cleaning services that are non-toxic and safe for your family, friends, and pets. Check out Sandia Green Clean at https://sandiagreenclean.com