Spring is officially here and that can only mean one thing: Spring Cleaning! Of course, spring cleaning can feel an awful lot like just another to-do (and a sneaky ploy for a cleaning company to get more business).
That’s why we’re going to cut straight to the chase because we know you don’t have a lot of time on your hands right now.
The biggest hack for having your home cleaned for springtime: Hiring someone else (like Sandia Green Clean) to do the work for you. Not only will we do the work you don’t want to do, we’ll do it better – and with all-natural, eco-friendly cleaning products that are safe for your family and the environment.
(Go ahead, schedule your clean right now… just click here.)
Now that you’ve gotten the heavy lifting out of the way, here are our 5 current favorite spring cleaning hacks that only take 30 minutes or less to get done. Fast and easy, these tips will help make your home look and feel fresh and clean so that you can relax until our team comes to do the rest of the work for you.
The 5 Best (Fast and Easy) Spring Cleaning Hacks for 2022
1. Cleaning Your Doormats The Right Way. The best way to clean your outdoor doormats is to hose them off and then let them air dry. (Not much of a hack there.) But, there is a secret to cleaning your indoor doormats. Instead of vacuuming just the top, start by flipping your doormat over and vacuuming the bottom of your doormat first. Not only will this push trapped dirt out for you to vacuum up on the other side, but it’s the best way to make sure you’ve gotten everything out from underneath your doormat, too.
2. Refreshing Your Kitchen’s Pots and Pans. You know that residue that gets left inside pots and pans? The residue that’s been burned-on and then cooked over again and you’ve just given up on it altogether? You can make your old pots and pans look like new again by putting water and liquid soap in the pan and then letting it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Then just dump the water out and use a scrub sponge to get all of that old residue off for good! (If you’re working with copper pots and pans, squeeze ketchup onto the residue after you finish simmering your soap and water. Add a little salt to your ketchup, rub it in, and then scrub it off!)
3. Removing Albuquerque’s Notorious Hard Water from Shower Heads. Seeing hard water buildup everytime you take a shower can be frustrating (and far from the relaxing spa-like moment you were envisioning). To get that 505 hard water off your shower heads, mix up ½ cup of white vinegar and ½ cup of water in a (hole-free) plastic bag. Use a hair tie or rubber band to secure the vinegar-water bag to your shower head so that your shower head is completely submerged in the water. Let your shower head soak for an hour and then scrub off the hard water debris with a sponge. Run hot water for a couple of minutes after you finish cleaning to get rid of any of the vinegar that might be left.
4. Sleeping Better with a Freshly Cleaned Mattress. While washing all of your sheets and pillowcases is definitely a win, you need to be paying attention to your mattress, too. And that “it’s time to spring clean” ringing in your ears is a great reminder to give your neglected mattress a little love. Use your vacuum’s upholstery attachment to vacuum the top and sides of your mattress. If you have someone to help, flip your mattress and vacuum the bottom, too. Use your go-to sanitizer to spray all sides of your mattress or, even better, turn on your iron or garment steamer to kill any dust mites (etc., etc. – and ew) living in and on your mattress. Vacuum one more time to remove any … remnants… and then put your clean sheets back on!
5. Cleaning Out Your Refrigerator (And Adding a Lazy Susan!) The next time you give your refrigerator a good cleaning (take all drawers and shelves out and actually scrub and reorganize), consider adding a Lazy Susan to one of your most well-stocked shelves. The convenience of being able to spin to see what’s in the back, rather than reaching back and inevitably knocking everything in the front over, is a game changer. Plus, the novelty of a Lazy Susan will make you re-appreciate the cleanliness of your refrigerator!
Which one of these spring cleaning hacks are you going to try first? (And no shame if the only spring cleaning hack you conquer this year is scheduling a clean with Sandia Green Clean. In fact, we love that hack!)