Fall, like everything this year, is going to look a little different here in New Mexico. But, while we might not have certain activities to look forward to, that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy fall. In fact, we should absolutely be doing our best to (safely) enjoy the season more than ever!
So, whether you’re new to Albuquerque or just needing a friendly reminder of what makes the Land of Enchantment so special in the fall…
Here’s a list of our top five activities to do in the coming weeks.
- Get Your Chile Fix. If there’s one thing you absolutely can’t miss in Albuquerque during the fall, it’s chile. Green, red, or, our favorite, Christmas, stocking up on freshly roasted, New Mexican grown chile is an annual event that nobody living in the 505 should miss out on. Three of our favorite places to get freshly roasted chile are Sichler Farms, Wagner Farm in Corrales, and Chile Traditions. Of course, once you start looking for it, you’ll find plenty of places (from grocery store parking lots to side-of-the-road stands) full of that irreplaceable aroma.
- Hunt Fall Colors. From cottonwoods along the bosque to aspens in Santa Fe, there are so many chances to indulge in fall’s spectacular color display when you live in Albuquerque. We love to go on foot, but you can also spot incredible views from your car. One of the best fall color drives? Take the road up to the Santa Fe Ski Area when colors start to peak to see the aspens in all of their glory.
- Brew Piñon Coffee at Home. While there are so many amazing local coffee shops scattered all through Albuquerque, there’s nothing like a cup of fresh piñon coffee brewed right at your home. We recommend the whole bean, grinding it fresh, and then brewing with a french press. Nothing beats it!
- Build a Fire in Your Chiminea. Whether you start out your day fireside or enjoy cooler evenings outdoors, having a chiminea on your patio is a staple of many New Mexican households. Charming without being too big, you can find a variety of awesome chimneas all around Albuquerque and Santa Fe. We love the selection at Jackalope, Jericho Nursery, and Potteryland. And, if you need a stockpile of great smelling wood, get a delivery from Pete’s.
- Snuggle Up with Local Businesses. With more of us spending time at home now than ever, it’s the perfect time to take a peek into some of the awesome local businesses around town and add a few cozy touches to your space. If you’re looking for inspiration, our carts are currently filled with Thumb Cups from Hanselmann Pottery, a Pom Pom Blanket from Spur Line Supply, Lavender Candles from Los Poblanos, and all of the house plants from No Longer Wander.
ABOUT SANDIA GREEN CLEAN
Sandia Green Clean is here to help you claim your weekend. Our top-of-the-line cleaning services allow you to get back time – something that very few of us feel like we have much of. Our expert trained teams know exactly how you want your home to look and feel, and they deliver every time. Learn more about Sandia Green Clean at https://sandiagreenclean.com